Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dutch Oven: Round 2

Yes, It's true... I don't give up easily, or maybe I'm a sucker for punishment, but I decided to tackle the whole Dutch oven thing again...but this time armed with all the failures of last time.

So first order of business was to get a Dutch oven that wasn't big enough to feed the entire state of Texas, I had to hit a couple of stores to find one, and ended up with a nice little 10" oven. (I could actually lift this one with one hand.) Next was to get some new briquettes, something that would actually catch fire and stay lit.

I decided to go with a desert this time, and I have always been a big fan of Pinapple Upside down cake... (I know what your thinking, but hey it's just a cake it can't be that hard)



I pulled up several recipes on the internet, and using them as a guide came up with one that I thought would work really well.

I'ts been raining alot here, so I put some tin foil down in the garage and soaked some briquettes in lighter fluid...amaziningly with in about 15 minutes I had some nice coals going...I put everything together, sat the oven on some coals and put some more on top...and 45 minutes later....this Is what I got.



YEAH!!! Now were talking....

4 comments:

Mirm said...

I have to say that I am truly impressed. You can be taught. All though you can't spell. Desert is where the cactuses live and Dessert is what us people eat. I love it when little sis is smarter than big bro!!

Rich In Herriman said...

yep, I always leave spelling to people who don't make any sense... Because spelling doesn't. love ya sis. :)

Tricia said...

Seriously impressed, Rich - that looks delish!

Rachel said...

Perfection - leave it to you to have to try and try again :)