Sarah came home from school about a week ago, and said she had to build a house that Indian's would have lived in for a school project..(at least we had a weeks notice, with the boys it was usually the night before). We decided that it would be fun to build a Pueblo since we live in the South West.
Our first efforts pretty much met with disaster...we used an air dry clay, and we would get the walls up, then the next day the clay had shrunk so much during the night that everything would be distorted and cracked the next morning...after trying for 2 days to unsuccessfully repair the shrinking issues, we decided to scrap the whole thing and try with a poly based clay.
That made a huge difference, and from there on everything went smoothly...To be totally honest I probably had more fun than Sarah did, but she did help put everything together, and we had fun doing it.
She gave her presentation today, and said that she looked down to point out how we had made some of the ground cover, and when she looked up the whole class was gathered around ...She's pretty sure she'll get an A