Friday, April 20, 2012

Self Portrait - Sarah

Sarah recently won First place in an Art Competition for a self portrait that she drew (She also was recognized at a banquet the following day and received a $150.00 Scholarship award for an art class at the Bemis School of Art.)...

Here is a picture of the Winning Composition.























I of course can't go to anything like that without coming away with idea's.  There was a Photo competition that they were promoting, about Sports and Action.  When I got home I started tinkering with some Photo's I'd taken of one of Sarah's track meets.

I ended up taking pieces from 6 different pictures of Sarah High jumping and came up with the Picture Below.

Imagine It...
I'm going to take it down to Walmart and have an 8x10 made so we can frame it and put it up in her Room...

I did go out and submit it for the competition, not expecting to win, but it was a lot of fun putting it together.

...Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

2 comments:

Nita said...

Amazing! Her self-portrait is simply amazing! What talent, Rich. You and your wife must be so proud :).

And your picture is pretty cool, too. I'm sure she will like that proudly displayed in her room.

God Bless -

Rich In Herriman said...

Thanks Nita