Tuesday, February 24, 2009

20 year Anniversary

I don't buy flowers probably as often as I should, but time teaches many lessons and sometimes I learn quicker than others. There are definitely times when flowers are the answer...and no one had to tell me that 20 years together qualifies as one of those times.



I was looking at our wedding picture the other day, thinking "man, I was young, I really didn't have a clue back then", fortunately 20 years gives you a few clues, Now I look at our kids and see how fast their lives are changing and I wonder how did we get to this point already. Isn't there a rewind button some where?

Randie has always been one to not only savor the moments, but to also make them last as long as possible, which I have to say has sometimes caused minor grumblings (yes myself included) "Isn't family time over yet?" But to my wife's credit we will always have those times to look back on.

I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful woman to share my life with. We have made it through some very difficult times, which have not only strengthened us, but have brought us even closer together. I remember when we purchased our first home for $50,000 dollars, our house payment was $300 dollars a month, and I remember how hard I struggled to make that payment... (now I would give my eyeteeth to be able to make a payment like that again.)

I learned early in our marriage that success in a marriage isn't necessarily about finding the right person, it's more about being the right person. I was lucky... to not only find the right person, but when I'm with her to be the right person.

So today on our 20th anniversary I pay tribute to my wife, I look to where we have been, and see where we are now...and can't imagine the wonders and blessing that the next 20 years will bring... Life is definitely a journey, and I couldn't have asked for a better traveling companion.


No comments: