Monday, February 23, 2009

First Letter

We recieved Stephen's first letter today.

Dear, Mom

I addressed it to Mom, but really it's for everyone. I just know she was probably waiting by the mailbox for it.

It's weird to think that It's only been two days here, it seems like a week. I won't lie the first two days have been really hard, and really several guys including me have thought, you know this is not for me, I want to go home. I've been trying to deal with all the stress, and I will continue to push forward with faith in Jesus Cristo.

Something was shared today that changed my point of view a little. I was so full of anxiety, I started to get depressed and one of my teachers shared something with the class that really relieved me. In Alma Chapter 25, verse 27 it says "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

This was Ammon who wrote that, the best missionary of all time, Even he was depressed at a time, but he didn't give up. I WON'T give up, and ever since I read that my anxiety has lessened, and my depression is Gone.

My companion is named Elder Hill... I didn't like him at first, but he is a good missionary and a good friend. I miss you all, I have to go to bed now, but I'll write again soon. I just wanted to say I love it here! I know how to pray in Portugueese! stay strong.

Love Stephen

P.S. I love you Mom, Oh and tell Brady and Justin I'll send them one soon.

No comments: