Yes, I like to cook, but I'm not your standard run of the mill chef ...most of the time I don't use a recipe, and when I do I use it more as a template to see what the key ingredients are and then substitute in what I think I would like (Drives my wife crazy... She has to have the Recipe)... I saw this on the Rachel Ray show (yes you can still keep your "Man Card" and watch cooking shows, you just have to cook "Manly" meals) the first time I made it I pretty much followed the recipie to give me an idea of how it would turn out. and have since modified it to what you see below. (I'll have to take a picture next time I make it..)
- Flatten Chicken Breast(s) with meat mallet (works best if you place the chicken breast between 2 pieces of seran wrap, helps keep pieces of chicken from flying all over the kitchen...the idea is to pound the breast to about 1/2 inch thickness)
- Place piece of Sliced Ham on breast (chicken breast not yours) I have tried several different types of ham...keep coming back to the BlackForest Ham.
- Spread thin layer of Cheese Spread on ham (see below on how to make spread) add the spices to taste. I also like to add some Tomato Powder, which I made this last fall by dehydrating all the tomatoes I had left, and then grinding them into a powder.
- Roll up and pin with toothpicks
- Brush with Honey Mustard (you can buy pre-made honey mustard from the store, I just make my own...about 50/50 of mustard and honey.
- Coat with Bread Crumbs (I like the bread crumbs that you buy with the Italian spices already added..If you don't have that you can make your own.) The chopped pistachio's were one of my ideas...if your on a budget or don't like pistachio's just leave them out.
- Brown Chicken rolls in Fry Pan for 2 min on each side (use a little Olive oil if you have it)
- Spray baking dish with Pam/spray oil and place Chicken Rolls in Baking dish.
- Bake at 400 deg. for 20min.
It's a big hit at our house...the boys love it...(If it doesn't work out for you this is Randie's Recipe)